*** A huge blog list of feeds of favorite bloggers from The Social Poets blog : General musings blogs from many countries, original poetry, how to better your writing, blogs about books, education and learning, mountain climbing, life coaching and travel blogs of living in another country.

*** Thanks for visiting! I'm always adding to this list. If you wish to be added just email me: warriorspearl@gmail.com. Join me for coffee over at The Social Poets main blog! - Denny Lyon


18 November 2009

7 Funny Quotes About Reading Habits



Reading Upside Down Photo by garryknight @ flickr

From Denny: Today, and every Wednesday, is Cheeky Quote Day over at The Social Poets, one of my many blogs where I dance on the airwaves. Here's a sampling of what's going on today:

Quotes

* A classic is something that everybody wants to have read
and nobody wants to read. ~ Mark Twain ~

* Never lend books, for no one ever returns them;
the only books I have in my library are books
that other folks have left me. ~ Anatole France ~

* I read the newspaper avidly. It is my one form of continuous fiction. ~ Aneurin Bevan ~

* Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore? ~ Henry Ward Beecher ~

* Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
~ Groucho Marx ~

* Books are the blessed chloroform of the mind. ~ Robert Chambers ~

* Never judge a book by its movie.
~ J. W. Eagan ~


*** To read a bonanza of funny quotes like this, hike on over to The Social Poets for Cheeky Quote Day to get some more grins, go here.

*** Thanks for visiting and come back often! :)

No comments:

Musings Blogs

Blogs About Books

Education and Learning Blogs

Poetry Blogs

Writing Blogs

Life Coaching Blogs

Travel Blogs